Translate

Thursday, August 19, 2021

Hail yes 08/19/2021

            What? Yes, I do know the difference between hell and hail. I said hail yes, and I mean it! Now that we have the patio cover in place, we now have a method of knowing when it is hailing small to large pieces of hail.

            It was raining again yesterday afternoon, and I, with drink in hand, ventured forth to the back patio. The rain was making a lot of noise on the metal roof, and I could hear the occasional click from hail on the metal roof. Now I could not see the hail, but I could hear it. To verify that what I was hearing was hail, I allowed, I mean I requested my spouse of more than 50 years to come forth. My first wife agreed that it was hailing.

            We have now identified a location in a flower bed, where the rain water drops in an excessive amount. No, I am not going to explain, that about 10 feet of the house roof drains onto the side of the patio cover, and all that water drains onto a small spot in the flower bed!

            It is none of your business that we will install rock in that area, which will allow the water to impact the area without eroding the dirt. Yes, it will cost money, yes, we are retired, and on a fixed income, yes, we will accept donations, please make them in the amount of $50 or more.                      

                        Thank you in advance for the taxable donation! 

            Yesterday’s trip, taking the grand kids to school went much better. The traffic was less, or at least manageable. We assume that each day this week the drive to and from the schools will be better.

            It is possible that my favorite wife and I may go out for breakfast this morning. She has plans for me, I mean us, to attempt to clean some of the bricks on the back patio today, so having a breakfast might help make the work seem easier.

 

Eat before you work!

Nap after you work!

Senior retired person and sometimes good guy, Don the Ford

No comments: