Translate

Thursday, August 5, 2021

How to say it 08/05/2021

            Allow me to provide you with a proper way of communicating with others. Let’s say that a person was talking to a retired senior citizen, when the retired senior citizen enlightens a person with the information, “I will be 74 next week”. Then a person states, “You are moving around good to be that old”.

            If you were the senior retired citizen and a person told you, “You are moving around good to be that old”, how would that make you feel. Well, I will enlighten you, being 74 makes you feel old, but hearing someone say You are moving around good to be that old, will make you feel even older.

            When one comments on a senior person’s appearance, or their abilities, they should say something to the effect, wow, you don’t look that ole or, you certainly look healthy! That type comment will usually be a positive and make the senior person feel good.  

           

            Yesterday, I pulled weeds from the #1 black berry bed. It was not easy due to the extreme growth of the bushes. I am considering whether I should cut some of the extra long limbs back. These are the limbs that will have berries next year. Those that had berries will turn brown and I will remove them. I guess I should wait and remove this year’s producers first, them I will see how much room is left for the new growth.

            The temp was nice and the humidity was good this morning as the Tres and I went for a walk. I will likely get outside and trim the front and back yards today, not sure if I will mow today or wait and mow tomorrow. Alex will not be here tomorrow so I will be required to work.

            Since no one asked, there is a part of mowing that I do not like and that is, the area around the swing next to the drive way. It is difficult to get the lawn mower in there and there is too many things that I must trim around.

            I need to spread the fire ant killer on the back 40 today, we have seen some of the neighbor’s fire ants venture into our yard.

            Well, I need to get out of here so, BYE-BYE!

 

May all your projects be easy!

 

Senior retired person who will be forced to work his ole body again, Don the Ford

No comments: