Translate

Saturday, August 14, 2021

Worked in heat 08/14/2021

            Yep, I worked in the heat yesterday afternoon. There was shade when I started, and the shade seemed to have moved as I was working. I installed two 7-foot fence posts, driving them both into the ground one foot. One of the posts hit a root so it had to be moved a few inches to get it into the ground. I also applied wire, which can't be seen in the coming photo, but it is there. Some of the new plants in bed #3 are long enough to need to be tied to the wire. Growing!

            I use material from ole sheets to tie the berry vines to the supporting wires, as it will not injure the vine. Let see a photo.


            The contractor worked alone again today, and he put the posts in that will hold the roof on, hopefully. I assume he will bring some help with him today; I don't see how one person can put the cross bars and roof on alone. Photos to follow.


    

 
            The above was written yesterday.


           The above photo was taken while the Tres was retrieving the newspaper. A nice sky, to start the day!

            Today is the Don's birthday (37 X 2).  😐  

            I received a birthday gift yesterday from our neighbor and friends, chocolate chip cookies, and some pretzels covered in a sweet frosting, both are very good! 

            Tres took me for a short walk this morning, he noted that cutting our walk, in half, was his present to me!  As I sit here at the Ford's ole desk, I have music from the 60s on. Memories from the olden days, for an ole person! 😊

            The contractor is here and he is trying to get his truck in the back yard closer to the work area. He has a welder in the back of the truck which he wants to get as close as possible to the work. He is backing in, I would have driven in it, would have been easier. 

            It is time for another cup of coffee, so I got to go.

 

May your patio be covered!

 

Senior retired person, who might have a patio cover this evening, Don the Ford

No comments: