Translate

Sunday, August 15, 2021

Sunday morning post 08/15/2021

            Well, we made it through Saturday without any problems. The Fellow who is building the patio cover did the needed welding Saturday. He worked for about half a day and then headed out saying, I will be back on Monday.

            We talked about the welding and how the metal roofing will be put on. He noted that some builders do not weld the structure together, instead they use screws and bolts, which he believes makes the unit less sturdy. He noted that when he puts the top on that he will actually walk on the top to do some finish work. Photo of progress.

                                               

            In the photo we see the truck with the welder in the back, the frame and welded spots on the frame, also the items that I removed from the deck prior to his starting work.

            Earlier in the day I had mowed the front yard, and it looks good again.

            Later in the day I mowed and area in the back 40, moved all the items that I had taken from the patio to the mowed area, then I mowed another area near the fence where I placed his items. Then I mowed the entire back 40.

            We did get some rain yesterday and a little this morning. It is possible that we might get more today, we need it. Without a good rain I will need to water the black berry beds and the flowers.  

            All in all, it was a good day.

            As you probably know, it is now coffee time, so I will leave you now.

Rest, relax, enjoy the day off!

Senior retired person who has no plans for the day, although I have obligated myself to building a new bench for the patio to set flowers on, Don the Ford

No comments: