Translate

Monday, August 23, 2021

Another exciting day 08/23/2021

            Would you believe, we had another exciting Sunday at the Ford Homestead?

            I guess it would depend on what you consider, an exciting day. My first wife went out back and began painting some ole wooden chairs that she had retrieved out of a bunch of junk at a neighbor's house. When you are on a fixed income you can't purchase all the nice things that real people buy. We needed the chairs, and they were free.

               I believe she was able to paint two of the three chairs white, she was sitting on the third chair, so I hope she wasn't trying to paint the chair she was sitting on.

            While she was painting, I decided to cut some of the dead black berry vines out of the live vines. I use the umbrella from the patio to block the sun from my ole body, and I was able to fill the Fords ole red wagon with amputated black berry vines! Nope, I did not get all the dead vines from bed #1, but I believe one more attempt, and #1 bed will be cleared of the deceased.

            I did find a bird nest in the black berry vines, that must have been a brave bird, but her nest was well protected from cats.

            I did water all the flowers that are in pots, and the three black berry beds in the back 40, in an effort to keep everything happy and growing. You didn't ask how the #3 bed is doing, but I will tell you, it is doing good!

            What? You want to know where the chairs will be used? They will be sat on the patio and have big flower pots set on them. Yes, there will be flowers in the pots, why do I even try?

            Other than the above, our exciting day consisted of naps and TV! 😐

            Tres and I started our walk this morning (Monday) in the dark, I had a flash light in hand. The moon was full and bright. At the end of our 30-minute walk, the sun was not up but the sky in the east was becoming light.

            Something odd occurred during our walk this morning. There was what appeared to be a female person walking in the dark, on the other side of the street. In other words, we were walking up the street and she was coming down the street.

            The odd thing was that her shorts seemed to glow as if a silver light was on them. I could not see any light, but the shorts did glow. I could not see her face in the dark, but we exchanged good morning as we walked.

            Was that a real person, or a ghost of a real person?

 

Have a safe and exciting day!

Senior retired ole person who may get back in the vines again today, Don the Ford

No comments: