Translate

Wednesday, August 11, 2021

Don't bug me 08/11/2021

            My first wife and I were talking about our neighbor. Yep, I guess you can say we were gossiping. That neighbor is moving out to another state. They have told us, they are leaving tomorrow (Thursday), we were wondering when they would get the truck here to load their items. My favorite wife and I had just completed our discussion, when the neighbor pulled up with a large rental truck. We hate to see them leave; they are good neighbors.

            Different neighbor, we were talking with another neighbor and he told us he was leaving tomorrow on vacation. Leaving on Thursday, what is there about Thursday that makes them want to leave?

            Different neighbor; has been gone all week, do our neighbors know something we don’t know?

            Different neighbor; there is a third neighbor, who will be leaving the neighborhood on Thursday, also going on vacation. Now wait a minute, three neighbors leaving on Thursday, and another neighbor who has been gone all week, what do they know, or what are they trying to avoid? 

            Could it be that I am that bad of a neighbor? I try to be nice to our neighbors, most of the time! What else would cause them all to leave this week?            Oh No!            I just thought, could they be trying to avoid being here on my birthday? That is so typical, no birthday party for the Don!

         In truth, I do not want to count this birthday, I might be getting old. Wait a minute, if I go to the right restaurant on my birthday, I would get a free dessert.

            I do remember having a birthday party a little over 60 years ago (I would have been 10 or 11 years old). We lived in the country and some of the family showed up, I did get a new bike! To be honest, parties are not important to me.

            Topic change; what did I do today, I unscrewed a screw, that would allow me to remove the umbrella from the patio table. I removed a couple coaxial cables, in preparation for the construction of the patio cover, and I have taken one short nap.

            It is now almost lunch time and my first wife is making some food for me and the grand kids. The grandees are going back to school next week, so this is the last week for a while that we will have them here.

            I have a photo, no it isn’t of the grand kids.


                                                             

            I found this guy out in the back 40 and thought I should get a photo.

 

May your neighbors not leave you!

 

Senior retired person who will have a quiet neighborhood for a while, Don the Ford

No comments: