Translate

Friday, August 20, 2021

Friday again wow 08/20/2021

            Friday again, wow they come quickly when you are having fun! Who the heck is having fun? I was allowed to help my favorite wife scrub bricks yesterday, and was that fun. I know, that sounds odd. The bricks on the back of the fire place located on the patio, had mold and mildew on them. Is there a difference between mold and mildew? What ever it is, it was green!

            As previously stated, I had sprayed bleach on the bricks to kill the green stuff.

            Yesterday, we scrubbed the bricks, using soap and water with brushes. It was a lot of manual labor, but the bricks look much better now. There are a few areas that I will need to go over today, and then it will be done. When this is completed, I will be allowed to bring the table and chairs back to the patio.

            After taking the grand kids to school yesterday, my present spouse and I went out for a lite breakfast. How lite was it you ask, we did not need lunch, and were not hungry during the work period? A very nice morning meal.

            The school traffic is getting better, now that most of us know where and when to take or pickup the kids.

            When I go to get Alex from school, I go early which allows me to be if not first in line, one of the first vehicles in line to pick up the kids. I take my tablet and I play solitaire while I wait. I don’t win a lot of games, but it helps make the time pass.

            On Wednesday it was 92 degrees as I waited for Alex, I had to run the air conditioning to stay cool. Yesterday it was 98 degrees and I did not need the air conditioning, there was a nice breeze which help keep this ole senior person cool!  

            What? Yes, I will need to mow both the front yard, and the back 40 today. I hope the back 40 is dry enough, there was still some water in the lower places yesterday.

            Work, work, work, that is all us ole retired people on a fixed income get to do, work!

Speaking of being on a fixed income, I got a bid for trimming the trees here at the homestead yesterday. We will need donations, and if you want to donate to the trimming of the trees, please make each donation at least $500.

 

Be kind, donate to the Ford’s!

 

Senior retired ole person who has too much work to do, Don the Ford

No comments: