Translate

Sunday, August 22, 2021

Nothing to report 08/22/2021

            There is nothing to report other than what was in yesterday’s posting.

            I was watching the three stooges yesterday and I saw something that caught my detention, I mean attention. Spittoons, use to be in a lot of places. I do not remember seeing them in use but they were used. Yes, I use to chew, but I did not have a spittoon. I stopped chewing more than 16 years ago, thank goodness! If I had a brass spittoon, I wonder if my present wife would let me sit it by my chair, here in the TV room?

            I was watching something on the TV, you know, and olden day movie. I saw something that made me remember, there use to be signs on the streets around hospitals that stated, “Quite Hospital Zone”. Evidently, in the olden days, when you were in a hospital you could hear noise from the outside. Why did I think of that, I don’t know?

            I have a photo of the patio, the table is back on the patio, although my favorite wife is not completely done with the patio.


                                               

            As one views the area, one might see the sun light above the door. Although the sun light above the door is not important, it may have garnered your attention. I, being very observant have determined the light is not coming through a crack in the cover, it is a reflection from the glass topped table.

            I did move some items around in the back 40 yesterday, in preparation of the tree trimming crews’ arrival this week. If we pay in cash, we will save money. They will take a charge card but cash is best. I still have some things to move but I have made some headway.

            I lost a knife! I have no idea where I lost it. I have carried a pocket knife since I was 8 years old, and I have carried two pocket knives for probably 10 or more years. If I don’t find it soon, I will need to purchase a new knife.

            What? I carry two knives so I can reach for a knife with either hand. Yes, I carry one knife in each of the front pockets. The knife I lost is a knife I had found years ago. Wow, someone lost it and I found it, now I have lost it, I wonder if someone has found it?

Enjoy the day!

Senior retired person with only one knife, Don the Ford

No comments: