Translate

Friday, August 27, 2021

Words have meaning 08/27/2021

            I often make up words and intentionally misuse words. 

            Alex has a violin and he will be learning how to play it in school. I like to kid with Alex by mis-using words, or making up words. Alex is good a correcting me and explaining why.

            I ask him, when you are playing the violin do you say you violate the violin? After giving me the look, and he is good at giving the look, he said we play the violin. Then I said, you play the violin, so you do it at recess? Then Alex explains we play in the music room. Then I said, when I was a, “little children” in school, we played outside during recess. I got the look again!

            Alex was telling me about a couple of his friends and one of them said they had, “Kidnapped the other kid”. Alex explained that he was just kidding about kidnapping, so I ask, how long was the kids nap? Then Alex said, he wasn’t taking a nap, he kidnapped him. So, I asked, kidnapping is taking a kid by force and against their will, to which Alex replied, yes.

            Then I said, when an adult takes a nap, that is adult-napping. What is it called when an adult is taken against their will? Alex said it is kidnapping. Then I replied, but the adult is not a kid, so why is if kidnapping when it is an adult? This interaction went on for a while.

            Now Alex puts up with me and my odd ball conversations, and I think we both get a kick out of these exchanges.

 

            I need to mow today and the sky is cloudy right now so I think I will get outside and get started.

 

Smile, others will be happy!

 

Senior ole person who talks too much, Don the Ford

No comments: