Translate

Saturday, July 10, 2021

Neighborhood meanie 07/10/2021

            As I was a-motivating down the street, I saw a big ole meanie who wanted to eat!

 

            This meanie was a hawk, and he surprised me yesterday morning when he flew up out of a yard and headed down the street, going in the same direction as I was going. He / she was flying close to the ground when suddenly he diverted and flew in front of my vehicle. I saw what this hawk was after, it was a baby white wing dove in the street.

            This baby dove should not be out of the nest, and if you have ever seen the way these doves build their nests, you might wonder how the doves survive. I drove on, and I do not know if the hawk came back and had the baby dove for lunch or not.

            Speaking of birds, there is a mockingbird in a tree not too far from my bedroom window. This bird may have a sleeping problem. I have heard this bird making various noises from as early as 3:30am, and almost every day from 4:30 to daylight. I wonder why this bird is making these noises in the dark?

            Well, the rein kept me from mowing yesterday, even though one of the neighbors did mow. I will attempt to mow this morning, after I pick up sticks and dog poo from the yards.

            Back to yesterday; I went outside for a little time to meditate on the world’s problems, and to enjoy an adult beverage, yep it was 5:00pm, aka happy hour. As I sat there enjoying the quiet, things became un-quiet. You may not believe this but, there was a hawk and I believe he was either robbing nest of little birds, or he was finding little birds that had just came out of their nest.

            Every bird in the neighborhood was making noise, in an attempt to get the hawk to leave, but he didn’t leave. This noise went on for probably 10 minutes, as the hawk moved around and through a few trees. I felt sorry for the smaller birds, but I guess that is nature’s way.

 

Meditate daily, it is good for you!

 

Senior person who meditates daily at 5:00pm, Don the Ford

No comments: