Translate

Friday, July 16, 2021

Yard is mowed 07/17 2021

            The Tres and I went for our walk early yesterday morning. There were people out mowing their yards at 6:30 am. I guess they were trying to beat the heat, just as the Tres and I were, in the early morning walk.

            Alex mowed the front yard yesterday, after he finished that, we went to the back yard and did some training on the riding mower.


                                               

            Both Alex and Gabi took turns on the mower. They were learning to shift, back up and drive close to things without hitting them.

            They seemed surprised when I increased the motor speed, and showed them how to engage the mowing blades. All their driving and backing to that point, was without the blades turning. Now with the blades turning, there was some circles and figure eights, mowed in the yard. I told them that since they were learning, mowing in circles was ok, but when mowing to cut the grass, we want to use straight lines.

            After they left, I finished mowing the back yard.

            My wife went to breakfast with Neva, a neighbor and good friend. They did not take me with them, I had cereal here at the Homestead! 😐          I have a photo taken while they were at breakfast. They had fun, I had to work.

 


                                                            

            Birthday over, gifts and flowers received, it was a very good day! 😊

Thanks to everyone!

Senior retired person who is both retired and tired, Don the Ford

No comments: