Translate

Wednesday, July 7, 2021

Almost done 07/07/2021

            It is almost done, and now my elbow hurts.

            If one had any curiosity, they would have asked questions about the title line. If one had any concern for the elderly senior who writes this blog, they would have asked, “why does his elbow hurt”? Not one of you asked about the elderly senior’s elbow!

            Due to lack of interest in the above, we will attempt to change the subject matter. This morning the pot hound Tres and I went for our morning stroll. All went well until we turned for home. There, on the same side of the street that we were to walk on was a cat. This feline was about half a block away when we saw him. He was good looking, white with some spots and a black tail.

            As we proceeded toward him, he at first appeared to be coming to us as if he knew us. Then he stopped as we continue toward him. We were possibly 30 feet away from him when he bowed up his back, making him look much taller, and the hair on his black tail enlarged to almost twice the normal size. This cat started moving across the street from us, he walked sideways, back still bowed up, telling us not to mess with him.

            Luckily, this feline did not attack us, but I believe he was telling us, “You are in my territory!” The rest of the walk home was uneventful, thank goodness!

            Now allow this blog reporter to change the subject. The work on the fire place is almost done. Many of the items that are normally on or around the fire place have been put back in their spots. My favorite wife has done an excellent job on this, I am proud of her!

            The fire place door was reconditioned and is now back in place. I have a photo to show you, and the reading public! It is almost back to normal.


                                                           

            Not bad for senior retired people’s work.

Topic change: yesterday I was reviewing a story I had written several years ago. Actually, I had written three chapters and I stopped. After re-reading them yesterday, I remembered why I did not finish writing the story. Even though the story was fiction, it was about our neighborhood (with different names) and it could in real life happen. I remember feeling that it was too serious so I stopped. I might go back and finish the story. Oh, the name of the story is, “Hell on Earth”!

May your projects be easy!

Senior retired person who needs his coffee, Don the Ford

No comments: