Translate

Sunday, July 11, 2021

Coffee 07/11/2021

            As the reading public should know, if they had read recent postings, our coffee machine broke and there is a replacement on its way to the Ford Homestead. As you might know, I am experimenting on using a coffee maker that makes a pot of coffee. Experiment is the correct term, as I have not yet mastered the maker, and the coffee taste like…

            The new coffee maker is coming from California via UPS, who knows how long that will take. As I now understand it, stopping coffee can be a little like when one stops smoking, one can be in a bad mood, and I am there😊

            I did mow the front yard after the Tres took me for a walk yesterday. I got the mower out and brought it to the front yard, and it started very light sprinkling. I asked for help from above, requesting that the rain be postponed until I got done. The light rain stopped and I mowed.

            The grass was so tall, I was cutting 4 to 5 inches of grass off the yard. That much cut grass, laying on top of the grass, don't look good. I had thought I would mow over the yard a second time, which would mulch the excess grass.

            As soon as I finished mowing the first pass, and blowing the grass from the street, it began to rain. No second pass over the front yard, and that might mean I would not get to mow the back yard, depending on how long the rain lasted.

            My present spouse and I took the grand kids out to lunch, and we had a good time.

            Returning from lunch I was able to get a short nap, naps are always good after eating, and then I bounced out of the Fords ole recliner and went out back to mow.

            I got the rider out and put gas in it, when I started to mow it sprinkled rain. I again asked for a postponement of the rain, and it stopped sprinkling. I was able to get the back yard mowed.

            Later at happy time, my favorite wife and I sat outside and enjoyed the afternoon. It was warm and somewhat breezy, so sitting out was actually enjoyable.

            We had chili for supper, and chili is not just for cold weather, chili is good any time.

            No plans for today, there is supposed to be rain on its way to Hewitt.

 

Rest, relax, and enjoy the day!

 

Senior retired person who is proficient at resting, Don the Ford   

No comments: