Translate

Thursday, July 22, 2021

Nothing new today 07/22/2021

            I hate to tell you this, I have nothing to write about today. Ole senior retired people just sit around and do nothing all day. Ole people wish they had something to do but we don't!

            My pot hound Tres and I went out to get the paper this morning and while Tres was checking the yard out for any strange smells, I was looking around the neighborhood. I saw the Oak tree in the neighbor's yard, it is full of green leaves. There was what appeared to be a small group of bright red leaves in the center of the tree.

            I thought that was very odd, trees should not be showing fall colors in the middle of summer. After a very detailed viewing, I found that there was a small hole all the way through the tree and the red that I was viewing was from a tall bush on the other side of the tree. Yep, I could see all the way through the Oak tree. Maybe I have X-ray vision, my middle name is Ray!

            Altering the topic; we have a neighbor who is out of town this week and as I was setting at the Ford's ole desk, when through my X-ray vision (aka security cameras) I noticed a vehicle in his driveway that I did not recognize. We had been told that his daughter would be taking care of things at their house during this week. I walked out of our house to get a better look, as the vehicle was backing out of the drive way. The vehicle turned to go up Oklahoma Ave when it stopped and the window on the passenger side rolled down. It was the neighbor's daughter and she called out to me so I would know it was her. I gave her a thumbs up, and returned to my desk, again with nothing to do but sit around.

            Shifting topics; my ole whisk broom has been worn out for years. I attempt to use it to remove grass and other items from my clothing and body parts before I enter the homestead, but it isn't very effective. This whisk broom is made of straw like material, like a larger broom. I asked my favorite spouse to purchase me a new whisk broom, which would clean my clothes and body parts more efficiently. 😊

            Returning from town she gave me the bad news, the store she was at, had whisk brooms, but they were all plastic, even the sweeping parts. The employee told my favorite spouse, they no longer get the ole type whisk brooms.

            Being a resourceful senior retired person, I went on line and found said item for $5.50 each. I ordered two of them! They will be here tomorrow, and they are shipping free! 😊

            Altering topic again; yesterday my favorite grandson went out and drove the riding mower around the back yard. He was practicing to be able to mow on Friday. I may get out in the yard and do the trimming today which makes the mowing much easier for the grandkids on Friday.

            My confession; Yesterday I killed two people! Now before you get too excited, allow me to splain, Lucy. I had started writing a story a few years ago and the name of the story was, "Hell on Earth". Back then I stopped writing the story as it seemed that it could actually happen.

            After re-reading the part that I had previously written, I decided to give the story a finish. Yep, I killed two people, yet, you don't know why!

            Subject change; I do not need a cup of coffee this morning, I have one here on the desk as I create this wonderfully well composed article for the Blog posting. Heck, with nothing to do, I may just get in the Ford's ole recliner and kick back for a while. 😐

 

Real people have things to do!

Senior author and almost novelist, of the Ford's homestead, Don the Ford

No comments: