Translate

Monday, July 19, 2021

It almost rained 07/19/2021

            On this Monday morning, and yes, I am writing this on the same day that I am posting it, it is supposed to rain. The Tres and I decided we would head out for the morning walk and take a chance that we could get wet. We started down the street and after about half a block we noticed that the street was wet. The wet part went a couple hundred feet down the street, and then it stopped. Oddly, the rain had occurred in a small streak, leaving the ford homestead completely dry.

            Our neighbor next door to us is selling their home and will be moving back to Washington State. The thought of Washington State brought an old thought to mind. Back in the mid-60s I spent several months in the State of Washington. I was at Fort Louis being trained to do some military things.

            One of the other trainees wanted to go into Seattle since we had the weekend free. He knew of a place where we could rent motor bikes and we would be able to ride around in Seattle and see the sites.

            Well, we went, and we rented the motor bikes, and we did see a part of the city. The sites were interesting but one of the sites was creepy. We were heading across a big bridge when I noticed that the road was not made of cement. We were on a metal roadway, that I could see through. Imagine if you can, you are riding on a motor bike, on a bridge, and you can see through the road at water that appeared to be several hundred feet below.  

            Just for a second, I almost panicked. Then I settled down and enjoyed looking down through the road way at the boats and water below. I believe that the bridge was designed to open for large ships to get through, aka a drawbridge.

            Topic change; as the Tres and I walked this morning we saw a limb fall from a tree. The wind was not blowing but the small limb fell onto the person’s lawn. Why did it fall, we don’t know? That was all the excitement we had during this walk. 

           

Have a safe and enjoyable day!

 

Senior dog walker and one time motor bike rider, Don the Ford.

No comments: