Translate

Saturday, July 3, 2021

I didn't do it 07/03/2021

            Well, we all knew it would happen someday, you know, when the ole senior retired person would pay someone to mow his yard. Yep, it happened yesterday, Friday the 2nd.

            Earlier in the day the Tres and I had gone for our early morning walk. The walk was ok as there wasn’t much sun that early in the morning. Heck, we made it back home about 6:45am. During our walk I had planned to mow the yard early Friday as they were saying it would be raining around lunch time. It didn’t rain here at the homestead at lunch time. It didn’t rain at the Fords Homestead yesterday, prognosticators

            I am writing this posting on Friday afternoon. I see in one of the security cameras a neighbor on his hands and knees in the direct sun light working on a flower bed in his front yard. I don’t work in the direct sun light if I can help it.

            Back to my plan to mow the yard early, that would mean I would be in the direct sun light while mowing the front yard. It was 8:00 am when I started the mower, there is a guideline that states, one should not start mowing or other noisy work before 8:00am, in an effort to be a good neighbor and allow people to sleep.

            I made one pass around the yard in preparation for the mowing to begin. I had decided to mow at an angle this time, and I made my first pass across the yard, and that is when it all happened. I realized that I could possibly pass this work off on my grandson Alex.


                                                           

            I gave him a few simple instructions and he began mowing as I sat in a chair with my feet propped up watching. He completed the largest part of the front yard in the same manner as I had started it. I told him he could mow the small area as he saw fit. He lined up with the street and mowed that portion. He did a good job of mowing.


                                                           

            I tried to tell him that the street did not need to be mowed, but you know how kids are, they do what they want too. Hopefully you know that he is blowing the grass from the street to the curb.

            I gave him the leaf blower and let him blow the grass off the driveway and better blow it from the street to the curb. I explained that the home owner is supposed to pick up the grass that gets in the street, but if we move it to the curb and it rains the rain will carry it away.

            All in all, he did a good job. Yes, I paid him for the work.


                                                           

            I placed the colorful photo on this posting so you might have a happy day!

           

May the omelet be perfect!

Senior retired person who is thinking about an omelet, but… Don the Ford

No comments: