Translate

Friday, July 30, 2021

Saved money but 07/30/2021

            The title line states, "Saved money but", and I have the butt, I mean but. The but is, even though I saved money, I had to work, yes, I had to put effort into mowing the yards here at the Homestead. My ole senior body was covered in sweat; I was tired and I needed rest, after mowing both yards.

            Later in the day, I did a check of the sprinkler system. I ran each system (there are 7) for a minute or two to verify that the sprinklers were popping up as expected. I either need to mow the grass shorter, and I will not do that, or some of the sprinkler heads need to be raised and inch or so. Raising the heads is work and I don't want to do that.

            If I may, allow me to change the theme; A good friend sent me an email commenting on the grays that the grandkids and I has made. She was correct in stating the Gabi is the artistic person of the three.  

            Speaking of comments, the question came up about the line at the end of my emails. May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

            Where did I get that comment? Did I come up with it or did I copy it from someone else? In truth, I do not know, but I would guess that someone much smarter them me, someone who could read and write came up with that statement. I have used it for years and will continue to use it. Thanks for asking.

            I have nothing to do today, the grand kids are here until lunch time, then their dad will pick them up. Alex is feeling ok now, the stomach bug is gone. Both of the grandees have either a phone or a tablet in their hands at all times.

            MY first wife will go to town every Friday, she is a good shopper and she usually runs into people she knows (talks for a while). I just sit here at the Homestead, sad and lonely!

            I do read from the Bible daily. Lately I have been reading Revelation. I have decided to read it several times, as I usually learn something new each time, I read something. It would be nice if I could read like most people, but being dyslectic, the written word doesn't always go into my head correctly. Heck, there are times when I read a sentence several times before I get it right.   I learn best by hearing and seeing, not by reading.

            Anyway, I do like reading the bible and then thinking about what I read. That gives an ole senior retired person on a fixed income something to do! 😊

May your day be interesting!

Senior retired person with nothing to do, Don the Ford

 

No comments: