Translate

Sunday, July 18, 2021

Sunday 07/18/2021

            Yesterday, Saturday, was kind of a boring day here at the Ford homestead. It seemed as if all I wanted to do was to eat. I wanted to go out to lunch, but decided that I did not want to drive anywhere, so I stayed home.

            My spouse went out in the back 40 and pulled weeds, in the heat of the day. I went out and raked up the weeds that she pulled. I also cut down a bunch of small limbs that are growing on limbs where they should not grow, due to the freeze we had.

            One good thing that occurred Saturday, I took the Ford’s ole trailer that was filled with limbs and scrap wood from me and David, to the dump site. I normally go early, basically at the starting time 7:30, but I went at 9:00am. There was no one in line ahead of me! There were vehicles being unloaded but I only waited about 2 minutes to be unloaded. This was the easiest and quickest dump day I have ever had.

            I did get to watch the three stooges Saturday afternoon, after I cooled down from working in the back yard. Watching the Three Stooges might tell you how boring my day was. The three stooges are on for two hours Saturday afternoon, starting at 5:00pm. They show the same programs quiet often, and you might truly need to be in happy hour mode, to watch them.

            Following the three dudes (aka stooges), there was an ole Mummy movie on, and I watched it. Wow, exciting ole movies, exciting day!

            Since you did not ask what I had planned for today, I am not going to tell you that I again have no plans for Sunday!

            The price of everything has gone up so much that ole retired people, can’t enjoy things like going out to eat, as you real people are able to do. Poor ole people just sit at home and do nothing. If we could just be real people for a while, we would feel as if we were alive again!

 

            Do you feel sorry for me? Did it work? Are you going to send us donations so my favorite spouse doesn’t need to go out in the heat to pick up aluminum cans? Do you know how hard it is for her to find these cans? People are not littering as much as they use to, so it takes twice as long for her to get the same number of cans. When she is picking up the cans, she is not here cooking food for me.

            For that one person, do not toss your aluminum cans out on our lawn, unless they are in a plastic bag!

Sunday is fried chicken day!   

If you can afford it!

Senior retired person who will try to keep busy, Don the Ford

No comments: