Translate

Sunday, January 31, 2021

Christmas decorations 01/31/2021

            On Saturday, instead of resting, I ventured forth from the Homestead and went to the ole Ford’s Shed. I then removed a bunch of totes and a few cartons. Some of the totes and cartons had fall decorations, while others had Christmas decorations. There were a couple totes with Easter decorations.

            I then went to the Ford’s ole garage and started removing the plastic people that were from the nativity scene. There was also a Santa and his wife and some other odd pieces. I took all these plastic pieces out to the shed and properly positioned them in the back corner. Then I put all the fall decorations back in the shed, properly positioned so My favorite wife can allow me to get to them next fall. Yes, the Easter items are positioned for easy access in the near future.

            I have an area that I can access without moving a bunch of totes in the other back corner of the shed. This is where the Christmas decorations that are still in the garage will be placed. My favorite wife usually re-boxes them, and then I am allowed to move them to the shed. With her broken wrist bone, she can’t do much, (could she be faking the injury) so I will attempt to package the rest of the Christmas items in the near future.

            The weather was nice, it was 81 degrees and windy Saturday, which allowed me to get out of the Homestead and do some work. The Ford’s ole garage has some additional room in it now, when the rest of the decorations are removed, we may be able to walk around in the garage. 

 

            Topic change; we received a package from a very nice neighbor Saturday. The door bell rang and there was a pretty sack sitting at the front door. I brought the sack inside and there were chocolate chip cookies, they were still warm, and also there was vanilla ice cream, the ice cream was still cold. What an unexpected good tasting snack from a neighbor! We are lucky to have such good neighbors! 

            The Bible says, love your neighbor as yourself, I suggest that we all do that, and also, we should, pray for your neighbors as you do for yourself! In these times, we can all use and provide a prayer, a blessing, some kindness!  Each of us can give, and or receive a prayer, a blessing, some kindness, from, or to, neighbors and family! Don’t just think about it, do it!

 

            Enough from reverend Ford, I need a cup of coffee, got to go!

 

Love is needed for all!

 

Senior decoration re-positioner and coffee drinker, Don the Ford

No comments: