Translate

Saturday, January 9, 2021

On my knees in prayer 01/09/2021

            If you were one of those privileged citizens who may have driven past the Ford Homestead yesterday, you may have seen a senior retired person on his knees in the front yard. You would be correct if you believe that our nation needs prayer, and what better than a senior person on his knees in his front yard, repairing a sprinkler head.

            Why was I repairing the sprinkler head? Cause I had stepped on it the other day. Sprinkler heads in the flower beds are above ground, and a clumsy ole person can accidently step on them. I was on my knees digging the dirt from around the plastic pipe, that attached the head to the water line below. I had most of the parts to repair said head, when I discovered that my PVC glue had gone bad. Knowing that I didn't have the glue, I became sad, and tears swelled up in my eyes. If I weren't on a fixed income, I could go to town and get some more glue.

            Sadly, I put my tools away, and staggered my ole senior body back into the house. Maybe in a few weeks we will be able to afford some glue.

            Well, the crazy prognosticators are now saying we may get 6.1 inches of snow in Waco Texas tomorrow. 😊

            I guess that is why all the other crazy people are going to the stores, trying to prepare for a day at home. I do suggest, to all the residents in central Texas, if there is any snow on the roads DO NOT DRIVE! Most people in this area do not have any driving skills when it comes to snow. 😐

            We need to get some dog food, so we will also be some of those crazy people out shopping today. It is bad when you spend all your money on dog food and have no money to buy yourself a hamburger.

            They advertise on TV, two hamburgers for $5. Wow, if a senior retired person on a fixed income just had $5, he and his favorite spouse could have a burger. 😐

 

Pray for everyone, we need it!

 

Senior person who has no PVC glue, Don the Ford

 

No comments: