Translate

Tuesday, January 26, 2021

What a day! 01/26/2021

            It was a typical Monday, or was it? Let us see if I can reveal a few factoids. Now please allow me to tell that one person what a factoid is. Factoid is usually defined as an insignificant or trivial fact.

            I was sitting on the Fords ole recliner considering everything, that I was not going to do that day, when the phone rang. My favorite spouse answered the phone. Phone calls are almost always not for me, so I usually do not attempt to answer them, even though, I do believe I am allowed to do so.

            The call was from Alex’s school saying, they could not contact his parents and he had an upset stomach. I went to his school and brought him home. Alex went to the bed room and started doing his homework. Later he came into the front room where I was sitting. He sat there a few minutes and then he asked, is this what you do all day? He meant; do you sit around doing nothing. I said yep, unless the grass needs to be mowed or if there is some work to do outside. Alex said, “BORING”!  It is pretty bad when your almost 11-year-old grandson tells you, what you do is BORING!  Later, Alex and I took Tres for a walk, Alex was no longer sick.

            My wife of more than 50 years was coughing a lot, and finally she decided to go to the doctor. She got a shot and some additional medicine. Wow, all congested and also has a broken right wrist, not a good situation.

            That afternoon we learned that our daughter in law tested positive for the virus. That is bad in many ways. She has a new job and now she and the family will be quarantined for I assume 10 days. 

            It did not rain yesterday, and we did have temperatures in the low 70s, that was nice!

            Last night while I was laying in bed I had a thought. In the morning I would go to the Mexican food place and get a couple burritos, one for me and one for my favorite spouse.

            I just returned with said burritos, and have eaten one half of mine. They are so large that all one needs is half, and the second half can be available for lunch. The hot sauce is so good, and hot!

            Well, as you can see, there is nothing happening at the Ford homestead, and as Alex put it, “BORING”!

 

May your day not be BORING!

 

Senior person with a full belly and still bored, Don the Ford

No comments: