Translate

Monday, January 25, 2021

Reading the bible 01/25/2021

            Personally, I am not much of a reader. I have never been into reading as words often go into my head incorrectly. Yep, I have told you all this before and will likely tell you again. Words like saw might go into my head as was. I often read a sentence and think what did that mean. Re-reading the sentence once or twice I then usually see my mistake. I have always learned by listening and seeing. Most people see a list and start reading from top down, I start at the bottom and go up. Road signs with the names of upcoming roads or towns, I start from the bottom and go up.

            Ok, history out of the way, I do enjoy reading the bible. I read the bible daily, and I still need to read certain passages more then once to understand. Often times when I am reading the bible, my mind begins to interpret what I read, I have a tendency to consider statements using an ole person’s brain.         

            In the bible it states, all things are possible if you believe. When reading we see where Jesus and his disciples were healing people from any and all illness. Dead people were brought back to life. Also, when reading we learn there were people who were not with Jesus, who were also healing people. Now my question is this, is the ability to heal a person, or cause a miracle of any type to occur, built into each person, since God created man in His own image? It may be built into our bodies to cause miracles to occur, if we believe. 

            Take a minute to consider, there is a statement in the bible to the effect, if you have the faith of a mustard seed, you could tell a mountain to move, and it would move.

            Did the followers of Jesus, seeing Jesus preform these miracles, and listening to his teaching, develop the faith needed, to activate what was already in them, to perform miracles, or was it given to them from God? If it isn’t built into each of us, then how did the other people, not followers of Jesus heal people?

            Do you have the faith of a mustard seed? Something to think about.

            Maybe it is just a silly Grandpa with silly ideas, maybe not.

 

            Take time to read the bible, and think about what you have read, there are some unusual stories in that book.

 

            Thanks

 

Silly senior person who has unusual ideas, Don the Ford

No comments: