Translate

Sunday, January 3, 2021

Sunday January 3, 2021

            Today’s title line doesn’t say much, so allow me to back up to yesterday. What did I do yesterday? I offered a suggestion to my present spouse, that we could get into the Ford’s ole Chevy and drive out to a restaurant that we use to frequent. We would not go in; we would just be getting out of the house, and driving to a place where we use to go. My thought was, it would kind of seem like something normal.

            During the drive we saw several new on and off ramps along the interstate, but mostly normal things we use to see! It was a good drive. My favorite spouse wanted to stop at a store and get a couple items, which we did, she complained about the price. We also stopped at the burger place and picked up a couple sandwiches, which we took home and ate.

            That afternoon I took the nativity shed apart, and today I plan to begin removing the decorations from the front yard. I don’t know yet how many I will remove. I may need to place them in the garage, as my spouse of more than half a decade, will need to disassemble and box them up, before I begin the task of properly storing them in the Ford’s ole shed. 

            I had stated in an earlier post, I had disconnected the decorations from the electricity, to stop them from coming on. I had forgot the battery powered lights on the mail box. As soon as my memory reminded me that I had missed one, I jumped from my chair and ran to the front door. It was dark outside and I was surprised that the string of lights on the mail box post were off. As fate would have it, I got help from the batteries going dead. The ole senior retired person winds again!

            I know what you are thinking, “That is just too much work for a senior retired person”, and you are correct. If you were here, and if you could do the work to my satisfaction, I would allow you to help. (My satisfaction is defined as, “receiving approval from My first wife”!)

            Well, I guess that is it for now, I am worn out from all this entering of data.

 

            I want to ask you to wear the mask, stay a safe distance and disinfect, but if you aren’t already doing that, you likely will not do it after my request!

 

Smile more, it helps!

Senior retired person who smiled twice yesterday, Don the Ford

No comments: