Translate

Monday, January 4, 2021

Scrapping Monday 01/04/2021

            I can’t say why, but my head comes up with odd ideas. What? You say you knew that I am odd! Am I both odd and silly? Wait a minute, is being silly the same thing as odd? Ok, I am now both odd and silly grandpa! That is cool, I have a new title!

            Anyway, my odd head came up with an idea for a scrap wood project. I decided to make a stand for my cell phone, to sit here on my desk. I have a photo of the test model. I have learned that it can be used for a tablet also. I will need to cut the finish version at a slightly different angle, which will make the phone sit more upright.


                                                           

            As one can see, it is just a block of scrap wood, with an angle cut into the wood. In the next photo, it is difficult to see the stand, but it is holding a tablet.

 


                                                          

            We have learned that the retail price for a hand made item, similar to my scrap stand, could be as high as $79. We will be able to sell them for 19.99 plus tax, handling and shipping. I do have plans to make a slightly larger version, it will be able to handle larger tablets.

            Did I do anything else yesterday, let me think. Oh, yep, I did. I removed all, I mean most of the decorations that my favorite wife had put in the front yard. There are two sets of lights that go through the rose bushes which I did not mess with. There are also the LED lights on the house that I put up and have not gotten down. The garage has most of the items in it, I did take some items to the shed. Photo to follow.


                                   

            I know, in the photo it doesn’t look like a lot, I have placed it close together. What? Yes, that is Tres and Molly laying on those rugs. There are three Green Christmas trees in the back ground.

            At some point. When my present spouse gets the deer and trees ready to be boxed up, I will need to go to the shed and bring a bunch of cartons and totes to the garage, then take them all back and properly store them for a year.

 

            Now, for that person who has been having trouble with this virus, I have a temporary solution. That solution is washing your vehicle!How will that help”, he asked?

Consider: washing the vehicle is a normal activity, you are outside and have a normal activity. Washing the vehicle using soapy water, you are also washing your hands. When washing your vehicle all your neighbors and friends will stay away, because they are afraid you will let them help, you are at a safe social distance.

            What could be better, normal activity, safe social distance, hands are washed!

 

Don’t Help your neighbor, he will be safe!

 

Senior retired person, on a fixed income, who always needs help, Don the Ford

No comments: