Translate

Monday, February 1, 2021

Finally got it 02/01/2021

            Saturday, we received the last form that we needed in order to do our income tax. Now I need to get started, wow, so much fun. Heck we might get over $100 back this year, but if we do, that means we over paid the Government $100. I don't like to over pay. Back in the olden days, you know, when I was employed, I would try to handle my deductions so I would not pay or receive more than $300 at tax time.

            Sunday, was a windy and very cool day. I went outside and picked up a few sticks from the front yard. The breeze was too cold for an ole senior person, so I worked on a project while sitting out of the wind in the sun. As I worked there in the sun, I warmed up enough that I needed to remove the sweat shirt. Now that I was warm, I decided to see if I could weed eat some weeds in the back and front yard. I did put the sweat shirt on again.

            I went to the shed and procured the gas-powered trimer. It had gas in it, I had not emptied it after the last use, possibly two months ago. Luckily it started. Maybe it wasn't luck, I do put a gas stabilizer in all the gas I use in the mowers and trimer. I was able to get most of the back yard trimmed, before the string ran out. I then grabbed the battery powered trimer and completed the process. I had grass clippings on the drive way, and I began trying to blow them off with the leaf blower. The wind was fighting me in removing the clippings from the driveway, but the wind let up a minute, and I was able to remove the clippings. After working so hard, I was allowed back in the homestead and I enjoyed a cookie and ice cream.

            Topic change; a neighbor brought us a loaf of banana bread Sunday. Yep, we have nice neighbors. Maybe I need to become a nice neighbor too! 😊

            Another topic; I did not cook lunch Sunday; I did go to the Cracker store and they brought lunch out to me. They were very busy; it took a long time to get lunch out to me. Unfortunately, when I returned home and sat in my ole recliner ready to enjoy a meal, my green beans and corn were cold, but I did not get up from my chair to warm them in the microwave. The piece of Chicken was warm. Ole retired people have a difficult life! 😐 😊

 

            Today, Monday, February 1, 2021 is supposed to be a cool day but have lighter winds. If the weather permits, I may again go to the Ford's ole shed and bring the cartons for the Christmas decorations to the garage. I do not want to do this, but it would give me something to do other than sit inside the house doing nothing. Heck the worst I can do is mess up, and then my favorite spouse will not even know I messed up, until next year when we bring the decorations back out.

            I will attempt to smile more today, even a fake smile sometimes makes me feel better. Sitting around doing nothing, not getting out of the house, has a tendency to be depressing. Speaking of depressing, last week Tres and I jumped into the van and went to the bank teller machine to get our $10 weekly allowance. We then headed to the star coffee place hoping to get a cup of coffee. The cars in the drive through were wrapped around the building. With tears in our eyes, yes Tres was also upset, we just drove on by and did not get in line, depressing!

Doing something reduces depression!

 

Senior ole person trying to not be depressed, Don the Ford

No comments: