Translate

Friday, January 29, 2021

I had not thought 01/29/2021

            I was reading the Bible yesterday when I read a passage that I have read several times before, but it caught my attention this time. In Mark 14:25 there is a comment that Jesus made, “Truly I say to you, I shall never again drink of the fruit of the vine until that day when I drink it new in the kingdom of God”. Now I assume he is stating that he would not drink wine until he was in heaven.

            I have never thought about heaven having plants and other types of food. I had always heard it said, Heaven will have streets of gold. In my mind, there would be buildings as in a small town, and the streets were Gold, my thoughts of heaven never went past that. But now considering that comment, if they have fruit of the vine, they have vines. I now assume, angels will need to eat. So, if they have vines, and other plants that can be eaten, they would likely have dirt, kinda like earth.

            I have always thought of heaven being an area that was just floating in open space, and that all the beings were spiritual, not with bodies like humans or other beings. Now I am assuming that heaven is a place like a planet.

            Heaven could be in a different dimension, and if so, heaven could be a planet in that dimension. So, when a human spirit leaves its body, it could go to a different dimension known as heaven with plants, animals and good ole dirt. You can think about it, but it does not matter where heaven is, as long as one goes there!

            Wow, reading the bible has a tendency to cause me to consider new ideas!

 

            Topic change; how are things going at the Ford Homestead? I guess that depends on how one looks at it. If the Don had to cook supper, would you consider that a good thing, or a bad thing? I did fix supper last evening, note. I did not say I cooked it, I fixed it. MY favorite wife gave me instructions and I followed them; she is still not feeling very good. I fixed chili last evening and it wasn’t too bad. Donna told me what to put in the pan. The ingredients were easy but there was also salt, pepper, and chili powder. I asked how much seasoning should I put in the chili, and she said put some in and taste it. Keep doing that until it tastes right.

            Wow, I was trusted to make chili taste like chili! Ok, before all of you start asking, it tasted pretty dog gone good. No, I did not put ground up dog in the pot, it was ground up beef.

                        With proper instructions, most things are possible!

 Mask up, stay back, wash down!

Senior chief cook and bottle washer, Don the Ford

No comments: