Translate

Wednesday, November 17, 2021

What’s next 11/17/2021

            Who the heck knows, but it always means more work for this ole senior person, and often means less funding in the Ford's ole checking account!

            What's next seems to be, a contractor showing up at the Ford's homestead to demolish the cement portion of the front porch. Yep, they called yesterday and asked if we would be ok with them starting today (Wednesday). We hope they will replace the cement porch and add a walkway from the porch to the drive way.

            Why would that cause the Don to work more? I had to help remove all the items that were on the front porch, and now the garage is full. I even requested help from the Ford to move and ole church type bench. Also, for the next few days we will not be able to use the front door, wow, how will we get to the mail box?

            Not using the front door brought back some ole memories. In the olden days, when we lived on Big Bend Road, just outside of Cape, the front door was almost never used. This house had several steps (made of wood) to get up on the front porch, so it was much easier to enter at the back door.

            I remember taken a magnifying glass and burning the words, "Not Welcome" on one of the wooden steps. Since no one used the front steps, I did not get punished for this. 😊

            Another thought, we lived in this house for a year or two and then moved back into town. Our family moved a lot so in a year or two we moved again, and that time we moved into the house next door, to the house that I burned Not Welcome on the steps. That even seems odd to me now that I think of it.

            I have a photo what a title, "Whose bed is it?" You decide.


 
            Well, the concrete people are here so I better go outside and talk with them.

Workers are making noise!

            No naps today, darn it!

Senior retired person who can watch the work from my desk, Don the Ford

No comments: