Translate

Tuesday, November 2, 2021

90 percent chance 11/02/2021

            We have a 90 percent chance of rain tomorrow; I will stay inside so I don't melt!

            I spoke with the new neighbor yesterday; he had come home for lunch and was leaving his home, as I was at the curb attempting to pull the trash container back to the house. He asked about trash day and recycle day. I noted that he was gone over the weekend and he was supposed to let us know if he would be gone. He laughed and said, "I will be gone this weekend too". See how quickly we are able to indoctrinate new neighbors. 

            We didn't do too much here at the Ford's Homestead yesterday. I was allowed to get a saw from the Ford's ole shed and cut a few tops off of some kind of bush, (my first wife knows the names of all the plants and bushes, I don't) down to the level of the top of the fence, 4 feet.

                                                                                                                I was then allowed to trim several of the same type of bushes at the back of the house, but not down to the 4-foot level, more like the 8-foot level. While I was doing that, my favorite spouse was trimming a couple bushes on the north side of the homestead.

            Obviously, after trimming these plants I was allowed to pick up all the limbs which averaged 3 to 5 feet long, and placed them in the ole red wagon. I, being an expert at storage and shipping, due to my past employment in distribution, took the time to cut each of these limbs in to pieces about 6 inches long. Don't ask, I will tell you why, I cut them into small pieces. An ole red wagon full of limbs, when reduced to small pieces will, take up less space in the trash can and make it easier to put bags of trash in later in the week.

            After I had cleaned up all my mess, and place said mess in the trash container, I proceed to the Ford's kitchen where I prepared the left-over steak, baked potato and ranch beans for my lunch. Lunch was very good!  

            Topic transfer; yesterday afternoon as I was taking the Alex home from school, I asked him if he has a girl scout meeting this evening. Alex gave me the look; you know, the look like I can't believe you said that! I asked if there was something wrong, and he said, "It's boy scouts!" I make comments like that a lot, and he usually corrects his silly ole grandpa.

            Alteration of subject matter; we plan to paint the area over the garage door today. we believe we can do it all from the ground, using the new extension pole and paint rollers. We actually have three areas like this, one on either end of the Homestead and one on the backside. Depending on how the first one goes, we may attempt to paint the others. There is some work that needs to be done from a ladder, we have made plans that will allow us to stay off ladders.

            I need to get ready to take the grandees to school, so, see you later.

Rain all day, no work! 😊

Senior retired person who needs another cup of coffee, Don the Ford

No comments: