Translate

Monday, November 22, 2021

No title line 11/22/2021

            Good morning to anyone who is up early in this wonder filled day. We hope you have a nice day, and hope you are nice to others today.

            Well, I decided to attempt to see if I could remember how to put the scrap wood nativity shelter together. There are four pieces, two side walls, one top and one back. Easy enough, right?  Nope, it isn't that easy. The sides were easy, as I can still tell the difference between left and right.

            Then, I attempt to attach the back to one side. The problem there is which end of the back goes up. I was matching holes where the large 4-inch screws should go. After getting the back attached to both sides, I placed the top on the sides and back. It took a couple try's before I decided which position was correct.

            Looking at the top I felt that it should be altered just a little. I procured a ruler and a saw from the Ford's ole shed, and decided to remove ¾ inch from two of the supporting boards that hold the top together and attach to the sides.

            That mission accomplished, I place the top, on the sides and back. I then drilled a couple pilot holes for the large screws in the boards I had cut. I installed the four large screws, and the unit was together.

            I have considered, possibly I should get some good wood and make a new shelter for next year, the ole scrap wood is just that, scrap. I hope to get help from family this Thursday in moving the shelter from the back 40 to the front yard.

            My spouse will start installing the outside Christmas decorations after thanksgiving. We cannot decorate as we have in the past, due to the changes made by the contractor. We will find a way to decorate.

            Subject change; we will have the grand kids here today and tomorrow, as school is out this week. My favorite wife is making her chicken noodle soup this morning, as the grand kids and me like her chicken noodle soup. 😊

            A cool front came through yesterday afternoon and my first wife and I got a cup of coffee and sat outside enjoying the day. A neighbor came over and sat with us for a while, we were gossiping about all things.

            The contractor is supposed to be here today and remove the forms. Then tomorrow, they are to install the post that support the roof from the porch. I don't know when they will fix the sprinklers, but I will run a test when they say it is done, and before we pay.

Get the shot, please!

Senior ole person who needs to put the trash out to the curb, Don the Ford

No comments: