Translate

Wednesday, November 10, 2021

All days are wonder filled 11/10/2021

            To that one reader who actually understands what he / she reads, the title line did not state, “All days are wonderful”, the title line stated “All days are wonder filled”. Now for that one person, wonderful and wonder filled are two different statements.

            I would like to note that I began listening to the Christmas music yesterday as I was driving into town. More about that later. I do have the music playing on the Alexa right now, and it is much more relaxing than the so-called news.

            Back to the subject at hand, my wonder filled day started with me venturing out into the back 40 where I planned to re-inflate the front tire of the Ford’s ole riding mower. First, The Don had to get the front end raised up so the tire would be off the ground. Have you ever tried to lift the front end of a riding mower and place blocks under it, by yourself? Well, this ole senior has, and it isn’t easy. Lifting it with a lever is easy, putting blocks under the mower is easy, but not when you try to do both at the same time.

            As you might expect, The Don was able to find a way, but he did get his hands dirty as he had to dig in the semi wet dirt, to make room for a block. The Don did all the usual things in an effort to put air back into the tire.

            Think about this, The Don had to carry his portable air tank, which weighs about 30 pounds to the Ford’s ole garage, where he put 70 pounds of air into the tank. Then The Don had to carry a 30-pound tank with 70 pounds of air in it, back to the shed where he was working on the mower. How would your back feel, carrying that much, 30 + 70 = 100?

            Although The Don did everything he could, the tire would not inflate. The Don decided to go to town and get a new tire and a valve stim for the wheel. I actually thought most of the problem was with the valve stim, but the tire is old and has a leak that I can’t see, so I will get a new tire.

            On the way to town, I would say that I was not happy due to the tire, and for some reason I turned the radio to Christmas music. This music seemed to quieten me down, I was totally relaxed!

            I arrived at the Farm store and found the tire that was the size I needed. The price on the bin was $66.98. Wow I expected to have to pay but that was a surprise. I guess I don’t shop enough and pricing always seems too high to me. Next to the tire was the same tire on a wheel with the valve stim and some items used for various mowers, it was priced the same as the tire alone, $66.98.

            Even a silly grandpa knows a better deal when he sees it, I bought the tire with the wheel already installed. The price at the register was $57.00.

            I was able to install the new tire and I even mowed the back 40. There wasn’t much mowing, more or less chopping up leaves, and the new tire worked as expected.

            That wonder filled project completed, I headed for the front yard where I trimmed some grass and Jasmine. Then I trimmed along the side walk. I then removed all the acorns that were along the edge of the side walk and after cleaning the sidewalk, I swept the leaves and other debris from the street. 

            As if the above wasn’t enough, after happy hour I went around the Homestead looking for areas that might need a touch up of paint. I did find a couple.

            What type of wonders will fill my day today?

 

Let’s hope it is wonderful for you!

How does the senior retired person come up with wonder filled days?

            He’s Don the Ford, that’s how!

No comments: