Translate

Sunday, November 21, 2021

Sunday morning post 11/21/2021

            Yesterday was nice, we didn’t do a lot but, we didn’t need to do a lot. We gave a friend a happy birthday card, and we went to a birthday party for another friend. When we arrived at the birthday party, I was the only male there! One fellow and 12 ladies, I didn’t get to talk very much with all those ladies. We all had a good time, the food was good, heck we had some left-over food so we brought it home and we now have something for lunch.

            I did go outside to watered the areas that the contractors had trampled during their work. I found that the short hose that connected the hose reel to the faucet was broken. I was able to water the areas with the hose as I removed it from the hose reel. We have a small chance of rain this morning, that would also help the trampled areas.

            I found one of my first wife’s large cement flower containers with a broken corner. I assume one of the workers damaged it.  

            I have found several small tree branches in the yard, even though the tree trimmers cleared many of them out of the trees I guess we never get rid of all the dead wood.

Who said that? I heard what you said! You called me dead wood; you are now off the email list!

            Tres and I went out to get the paper this morning, and we both walked on the new cement. Neither of us sank into the cement, thank goodness! The cats seem to like the new walkway, as they don’t need to walk on the grass when it is wet. Now my favorite wife and I need to come up with a plan as to what changes we will make to the flower beds when the contractor is out of our way.

            Normally, when Thanksgiving is over, we put the outside Christmas decorations up. We are not sure what changes will need to be made. I need to try to put the nativity shelter together, I hope I remember how. I made the shelter last year, and when I took it apart to store it, I place the large bolts and screws somewhere, but I don’t know where.

            We are getting a few leaves in the yard but there are more to come. I have encouraged my grandson to come over and use the walk-be-hind mower to vacuumed the leaves, you know, less work for this senior ole fellow.

            Well, I guess I will get off here and get that 2nd cup of coffee.

 

Nap, eat, and enjoy the day!

Senior retired person who will try to follow that advice, Don the Ford

No comments: