Translate

Tuesday, November 16, 2021

Another day 11/16/2021

            Another day and another dollar that has gone away. Yep, the tree trimmers were here and they trimmed the two trees. They got a bunch of the dead limbs out of the trees, and the dead limb that was over the house is also removed. They trimmed back some of the other limbs that are over the house. They did pick up a lot of the limbs, but I will need to work today picking up the smaller pieces, that I do not want to hit with my mower. The trees look good, and today will be a test as the wind is supposed to gust to 30 mph.

            I had talked with the tree trimming fellow prior to starting the work, and I noted that I had been on the roof of the house a couple days ago, and I could seem more limbs that needed to be removed from that vantage point. When he completed the work, he asked my wife to come out and see what they had trimmed. While speaking with my wife he asked, was your husband really on the house? I guess he thought this ole senior retired person should not climb on a roof. 

            Yesterday, I checked with the financial company to asks some questions about our account. I found that there were some things that were not correct. We are in the process of correcting those documents. Glad I checked.

            I guess I will need to check all important documents, you know, I aint getting any younger, Darn it!  

            Topic alteration; yesterday, I asked my present wife for permission to go to the #2 black berry bed and pull some weeds. She gladly, I mean reluctantly gave me permission. I noted that if I get stuck by any of those thorns, I was going to stop pulling weeds. My favorite wife said, “You might as well not start then, you will get stuck”!

            I had my good ole leather gloves on, and I cleared a lot of weeds. I also removed a bunch of the black berry vines, as they were growing too close to the shed and I could not get between the shed and the berry vines to pick the berries last season. I had put the weeds and vines I had removed into the trash cart, and I was putting my tools away, when I saw this little piece of the black berry vine laying on the ground. You guessed it, I did not have my gloves on and that was the only time I got stuck! 

            I have a cup and I need to get to work, so, see you later!

Review all important documents!

Senior stick picker upper, Don the Ford

No comments: