Translate

Friday, November 12, 2021

Friday again 11/12/2021

            It happens almost every week, at the end of the week there is almost always a Friday. That being the case, I do have a few things to do on this Friday. But before we get into that, allow me to explain where I believe the name Friday came from.

            Ok, I can see that several of you have already formed an opinion as to what I will be stating. I should just stop and go back to the main topic, but I can see that one of you have not yet formed an opinion.          

            I believe, the name, “Friday” started many years ago. The name came about due to the fact, on that day every week, Grandpa would catch some fish and Grandma would fry the fish. Obviously, the family would come over and have fried fish each week so they began to call the day, “Fryday”. At some point someone misspelled the word and the day became “Friday”! that is the Don’s version of history for this week.

            Now let’s get back to what I have planned for this Fryday. I just thought, I should state what I did yesterday, that would keep things in order of occurrence. Yesterday I cleaned the Ford’s ole office area. I removed most of the items to the garage, then I dusted, then I took a damp cloth and wiped down the areas that I had previously dusted. I then wiped down each item before bringing it back into the office. I even got rid of, or at least move some items out of the ole office. It feels very good now, as I sit here in the ole, clean office.

            The cleaning process took almost 3 hours. I then headed outside and brought the Fords ole walk behind mower to the front. I vacuumed the front yard and it looks nice with the leaves removed, and there were a few spots where the grass was a little taller than it should be.

            I then headed out to get the Alex from school. Alex likes to ride the Ford’s ole electric bike.

            My favorite wife and I went to the cracker restaurant for supper yesterday afternoon. Again, this week, we had to wait to get a table, as they do not have enough wait staff.

            This morning after taking the grand kids to school, I need to drop by the teller machine and see if I can get our stipends for the week. Then I need to drop by the former employer and pick up my order. After that I will hopefully find something to do for the rest of the day.

            I don’t have any funding in my Star coffee card, so I can’t get a cup of coffee. I don’t put my own money in the card, I do move money from gift cards, given me, to my card.

 

May your card have funding!

Senior ole retired person who bought gas yesterday for $2.88, Don the Ford  

No comments: