Translate

Tuesday, November 9, 2021

Senior person working? 11/09/2021

            As some of you know there is an ole saying that a photo is worth a thousand words. Well, I have three photos that could be worth up to 43 words, photos to follow.


                                                                       

            In photo one, we see the senior laborer attempting to apply some red paint. In photo two we see the same laborer celebrating that he was able to apply red paint, in photo three we see said laborer resting from all his labors. (43 words)

            For the one person who is wondering if I had the chair up there while I was painting, that is none of your business, but I will splain, Lucy! Nope, the chair was added for the photo session, as a prop, so that some of you would know, “Yep it is silly grand pa”!

            Yes, I did some other things yesterday, the dog Tres took me for a walk, I put a new tarp on the Ford’s ole riding mower. The tarp is there to protect it from the weather, we are on a fixed income and can’t afford a shed for the mower.

Note; the tarp may be put on wrong, and I might need to change that today.

Note; the riding mower had a flat tire, and yes, it is the same one that was flat the last few times.

            I plan to add air to the tire and see if I can find the leak, tire repair is not my strong area, but I will attempt this repair. It would be nice if we could afford a new tire but I do not want my favorite spouse to be out picking up aluminum cans after dark.

            I hope to do some trimming in the front yard today, there are some leaves on the ground in the front yard, but the grass isn’t growing. I would like to vacuum the leaves, but that is a lot of work.

            I guess the time change has me a little confused, I went outside getting ready for the kids to arrive and waited a few minutes, then I understood that it was still an hour before they would get here. Wow, an hour off.

            I have learned that one cannot see areas that may have been missed when painting, in the bright sun light. During happy hour, you know when the sun is setting, one is able to see any small missed areas. I will attempt to have some paint ready this happy hour for any small touch ups. Other than touch ups, my part of the painting is done.

            Now it is close to the real time for the grand kids to get here so I will say, “So Long”!

Work a little rest a lot!

Senior retired person who likes to think he works a lot and rests a little, Don the Ford

No comments: