Translate

Saturday, November 27, 2021

Step up 11/27/2021

            I guess we all should step up, in some manner, hopefully helping others in some positive method. I stepped up yesterday morning, but it wasn’t intentional.

            Now I see, that you want to know how anyone could step up, in a positive manner, and do it, unintentionally? Well, that depends, if you are an ole senior retired person, your past habits may be the reason for, “Stepping up”.

            Yesterday morning early, the Tres and I went out to get the newspaper. Newspaper in mouth, that is in the Tres’ mouth, not mine, we turned and started back for the front door, and that is when I noticed a bird fly out of one of the bird houses on the front porch. I was looking at the bird house as I walked toward the door and when I reached the front porch I stepped up.

            Immediately, I began to laugh at how silly this ole grandpa (that’s me) is. Looking at the bird house, I stepped up to get from the walkway to the porch, but there is no step there anymore. The new walkway is handicapped accessible, no step. It is good to be silly grandpa, as long as I don’t get to be crazy grandpa!

            Please allow me to alter the topic to, what did the Don do yesterday?

            First, he took the present wife’s van to get gas in it, so she did not need to stop and put gas in it when she went to town, see how nice I am.

            Second, I also went to the teller machine and got our $5.00 stipend for the week.

            Third, I moved the shelter to the grass area in the front yard and found a way to secure it from the wind.

            Fourth, I moved many Christmas decorations from the Ford’s ole shed to the Ford’s ole garage, where I segregated them. The boxes with white trees and white deer were placed together, then the wires, stakes, and strings of clear lights were placed together. The green trees had an area of their own. The miscellaneous items were then placed together. There were walk ways between these areas for easy access.

            Fifth, I helped fasten some of the decorations to the ground, hopefully making them stable if there is wind.

            Sixth, I stopped helping and went inside. Heck, I was so tired I didn’t even have an adult beverage.

            What will I do today? Well, I might attempt to repair a deer and or a white tree, some of the lights do not work. The rain will likely keep us inside today.

Come on rain, we need it!

The Don will get his knee pads before he gets back on the ground, Don the Ford

No comments: