Translate

Monday, November 1, 2021

Stay on schedule 11/01/2021

            As one might assume, today’s topic is scheduling. I will begin by stating that my neighbors should stay on schedule! I will then follow up with, I am not totally on schedule this morning, so I do not want to berate my neighbors too much.

            Before any one asks, the grand kids will be arriving at the Ford Homestead early this morning, due to their mother needing to be at work early. I will offer them two options, one, they can sit on the couch and take naps before going to school, two we can go to the Star coffee place and get a cup before going to school. I assume they will want to go to the coffee place.

            Now, back to scheduling and neighbors. There is one neighbor who is always on time, this neighbor like clockwork, rounds the corner heading for their homestead at 5:15 daily. Another neighbor comes out of their house to get their paper at 6:30 each morning. Our new neighbor was leaving his home at 6:20 each morning, but today he did not. And another thing, the new neighbor usually parks his vehicle in the same place, but this morning it is parked in a different spot on the drive.

            If these people don’t stay on schedule, and don’t part in the same locations, how will I feel ok, as they are messing up my schedule, of monitoring the neighborhood! These neighbors, need to be nice to us ole senior retired people, and not change things!

            Topic transfer; I basically did nothing yesterday. I was even more lazy than usual yesterday. I did get about half of the front yard raked yesterday; I didn’t say I did it! A good friend and ole biker buddy, Jason, came by to collect some acorns yesterday. He removed 5 or 6 five-gallon buckets full of acorns. He was happy to get the acorns, I was happy to see them leave with out me doing the work.

            My present spouse and I did sit outside yesterday afternoon enjoying a cold beverage. At some point my favorite spouse allowed me to light the grill and she cooked some steaks. Supper was very good!

            I had some odd-ball dreams last evening. My dreams are often silly, but last night they seemed even more silly. In one of the dreams, I was going through some one’s garage, and there were cob webs everywhere. I am attributing that silly dream to Halloween, you know, cob webs everywhere.

            The grand kids and I went to the coffee place and we each got a drink, we are now back at the Ford’s Homestead waiting on time to head out to school.

            That is all from the Don this morning, have a good day!

Smile at least once today!

Senior retired person who just spent his weekly stipends on coffee, Don the Ford

1 comment:

John Snider said...

I smile when I read your blog! Mission accomplished!