Translate

Friday, November 5, 2021

Favorite or not 11/05/2021

            There was a time when I thought it was because I liked red more than other colors, but I now believe it is not wanting to be, first or last.

            It is a proven fact that most people, if given a choice, will not be first or last in line. Think about it, if they were giving flu shots, would you want to be first in line? If they were giving away free money, you would not want to be last in line. With those thoughts in mind, allow me to get back to my original thought, I like red, but that was not the reason.

            When I had cereal for breakfast, I always used a large cup, which is kind of like a small bowl with a handle. For ages, I would get the large red cup for my cereal, thinking I used it because I like red. The large red cup was always in the center, with a different colored cup on either side.

            It happened that several of the cups were used and when they were replaced the red cup was no longer in the center.                                   See photo of present-day cupping!


            For several weeks now, I have been using the orange cup, as it is in the center. Now I understand, I use the center cup because I don't want to be first, or last. Color is not important!

            Wow, I feel better now that I have gotten that off my chest.

            Let us talk about me forgetting; I forgot to turn off the lawn sprinklers and they were running this morning when I popped out of bed. It is supposedly 38 degrees outside this morning and the water being sprayed over the grass, appeared to be steam. I flipped the switch, turning the sprinklers off, but most of the lawn had already been watered.

            Focus alteration; we arrived at the cracker store about an hour later than we normally do, yesterday! The place was crowded, people everywhere in the store, waiting to be seated. They do not have enough wait staff to handle all the customers.

            Why did we get there later than usual? Good question. Wow you finally ask an appropriate question at the correct time. We arrived late due to a meeting with a contractor at our house. Yep, the contractor arrived with the bid and an agreement to do the work at the front porch. We had made a couple small changes but the price was the same. He said they will likely start in 10 to 14 days; we will see if that happens. 

            Flower topic; I was able to put more of the flower pots with flowers in them, into the little hot house. I have noticed that the door doesn't seal as good as it should, I need to see if I can improve that. We have a couple more hanging baskets and they will need to be trimmed before they get placed inside the house.

            Not so good news; set your clocks back an hour!

            I have several things I could do today, the word could, is important, as a retired senior person on a fixed income, who doesn't' like being outside in the cold weather.

            My favorite wife has started cooking meat for tamales, which she plans to start manufacturing tomorrow. 😊

 

Tamale season is here!

Senior retired person who might be allowed to work today, Don the Ford 

No comments: