Translate

Saturday, November 6, 2021

Prayers answered 11/06/2021

            Well, the title line references, prayers being answered. Whose prayer was answered? If I don’t have your attention yet, please continue reading, I may provide a positive comment at some point.

            When most people pray for something, they expect immediate results. Don’t set a time line on the results, do believe in the results. When you Believe, all things are possible!

            I lost my wallet several months ago, that was very traumatic to me. I had credit cards, and my driver’s license, along with money in the wallet. I thought that someone could use the credit cards or other info in the wallet to open accounts and basically cause me lots of problems.

            My prayer was that the wallet would be returned intact, nothing missing, and I was hoping for its return the day I lost it. As we know that did not happen.

            I immediately began canceling everything I had in my wallet, it would have been nice if I would have had a list of the things in my wallet. With everything canceled, I was still hoping for the wallet’s return, that did not happen! 

            Knowing that the bible says pray for your enemies, although I did not consider the person who had my billfold as an enemy, I did pray, “May this person be blessed with the cash that was in the wallet, and I pray that they will toss the wallet into the trash, or return it to me with everything in tact other than the money”! 

            I thought, what if the person who found the wallet needed money, and possibly their prayer was, “Help me get the needed cash”? What if their prayer was answered by me losing the wallet? Possibly it was, “Not my will but thine be done.”

           If the person who found wallet was in need of money, I hope the money was a blessing to that person!

            I told you all that to tell you this; I received a call from a lady who works at the McDonalds training center. She said she had a wallet that was mine. I asked for her address and immediately drove there.

            The wallet was in good condition, everything except the money was there! She said that one of the McDonalds restaurants had given the wallet to her, so she could return it to the owner, me! I thanked her a couple times.  

            My prayer was answered, not as quickly as I wanted, but it was answered, and possibly a stranger’s prayer was also answered.

                                    I believe in prayer! 

Senior retired person who is thankful for many things, Don the Ford

No comments: