Translate

Saturday, November 20, 2021

What’s next 11/20/2021

            Here at the Ford Homestead, there seems to be something happening all the time. Yesterday they poured the cement and did the finishing work. We were told they would return on Monday to remove the forms, and Tuesday to install the posts.

            As I sit here at the computer a truck pulled up out front and two guys got out. I went out to see what was their intent. They were here to remove the forms, I explained that their boss had told me they would be here Monday. They said they would call the boss. I came back into the homestead, they drove away.

            Our cat Charlie, tried to leave his mark on the cement yesterday, photo to follow.


           We were told we could walk on the cement today; the walkway seems to be drying, but the porch still appears to need to dry more. Portions of the porch are 2 feet deep. We will be glad when their work is complete, but then we will need to start, our work! The walkway has changed where some things can be set, we will likely do several things that require me to work. 😐

            My favorite wife said that the outside Christmas decorations will be placed differently this year do to all this work and changes.

            The bird houses that hang on the front porch have been removed until the work is completed. Yesterday, I saw several birds flying around where the bird houses should be, they seem irritated that their homes were missing. I guess I can't blame them.

            The lawn sprinklers need repair and some were removed, they need replacing. When they say the sprinklers are fixed, I will do a test run to see if they all work.

            We were told that they would be walking through the Jasmine and they have. They also drove a cement hauler, it is like a very large wheelbarrow but with a motor, they run over a bunch of the grass and Jasmine, we hope the grass and Jasmine will survive. I may get the hose out and water the grass and the Jasmine today.

            Tres and I went for a short walk yesterday, and we found several nails, a screw, and some short pieces of rebar along the curb, in the leaves where their trailers were parked. I have picked things up out of the grass and who knows what else we will find.

            Even though I will need to work when they are done, I will be glad when it is over.

When do we get back to normal?

                        What is normal?

Senior retired person who doesn't know how we will pay for this work, Don the Ford

No comments: