Translate

Sunday, May 31, 2020

Sunday 05.31.2020

            We have been harvesting the black berries daily. Working as a team we find most of the black, black berries. There are many red berries just waiting to turn black. I am not sure how many we have harvested at this point, but I would say at least 6 quarts. I have a photo showing the various sizes of the crop. Click to enhance.

                                               

            Today is Sunday and it is the last day of the month. Wow June is here and we still have the virus floating around. June 5th is when summer begins, maybe the heat will get rid of “19”! The days will be hotter for a couple months, and about June 21 the days will start getting shorter. When the days start getting shorter, that means fall and winter are coming, darn it, I haven’t had a chance to enjoy summer and winter is on its way!

 

            Would you believe my spouse was able to collect enough aluminum cans to allow me to purchase a quart of paint?

            I have put an additional coat of new paint on the scrap wood chair. It was dry enough yesterday that I could sit on it. Before you ask, no it did not fall apart when I sit on it. Actually, I sat on it and read for a while yesterday, and I noticed something. I had sat down with the bible and I realized I did not have my $1.00 reading glasses. Instead of getting up and getting the glasses, I opened the bible and was able to read without glasses. As I thought about it, possibly being outside with the daylight, instead of the lighting in the house, that may have been the difference. If not daylight, then it was divine intervention, you can decide. The chair will get another coat of paint today. Photo to follow, click to enhance

                                                                                                   

What? That’s what you see! I show you a photo of a scrap wood chair and you see the Texas flag, that is attached to the top of the garaged door. OK, I will enlighten that one person. I attached that flag to the top of the garage door more than 20 years ago. There are three magnets that hold it on, and when the door is opened as in the photo the flag is visible.

            Since no one asked, I use the scrap wood in my projects for two reasons, “1” I am retired and on a fixed income, scrap wood don’t cost anything, “B” if I used good wood the projects would need to be put together better and look prettier.

 

            I need to go now, probably I will need to clean up and put some clothes on, as my spouse of more than 5 decades will possibly allow me to take her to the cracker restaurant today.

 

Be extra nice to someone today!

 

Senior scrap wood butcher, and paint brush handler, Don the Ford


Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: