Translate

Friday, May 8, 2020

Fruition 05/08/2020

            For that one person who was wondering what my new project might have been, and did I finish said project, the answer will be revealed in the following, soon to be well written article about scrap wood and the senior scrapper. Wow that sentence just brought back a memory from over 60 years ago.
            The Ford family lived on South Benton Street in Cape Girardeau, Missouri. I drove past that house a couple years back and it was being use as a small church. I was possibly 8 to 9 years old when we lived there. We had a little dog, he was probably a dachshund, he was black and he had a short tail. I now assume some one cut his tail off when he was a puppy. Why have I told you all this, I wanted to get to the little dogs name. His name was Scrapper, he was mean for a little dog, and he would bite anyone he did not know.
         I am the senior scrapper who, in the olden days, had a dog name Scrapper.
            Let us get back to fruition, completion, realization, culmination, finished, the end. Thanks for reading this and I hope you have, wait a minute, I haven’t completed this article yet. I have photos that will reveal the project that has been completed. Click if you care.

                             
Photo # 1, the ends was made first (that is not a bottle).    Photo # 2, assembled and painted.           Photo # 3, it is a display bench for the freebees!
            An interesting factoid, all the measuring, cutting and assembly went as expected except for the last cut. The stool was together, and I wanted to put a 2 X 4 board at the bottom where we see the ½ X 5 now. The 2 X 4 was to provide extra strength. The board needed to be 38 inches, I measured and cut the 2 X 4 and it was too short, “36 inches”! One wrong cut proved to be a good thing. I then looked around and I had the ½ X 5 board in the garage, so I used it. Devine guidance was provided. The 5 inch board can be used to display things, the 2 X 4 could not.
            While I was sawing and sanding, I did wear a face mask which was made and provided to me, by one of our good neighbors. The mask worked great!

Devine guidance may be miracles, or just a cutting of a board!

May the Force be with us, aka divine guidance with us, Don the Ford

Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: