Translate

Saturday, May 23, 2020

Radio 05.23.2020

            Yes this is an article about me and radio.
            Let’s start in the year of 1960, I was 12 years old. I can’t remember whether it was my birthday (August) of if it was Christmas. I receive a crystal radio that needed no batteries to operate, and it could be attached to the handle bar of my bike. It had a tall antenna about 3 feet tall and an ear phone so I could listen while riding the bike. Having a radio on one’s bike sounds good, and it did work, but riding the bike was short trips, so there wasn’t much listening time.
            I could remove the antenna and plug a connecting wire in that slot and there was a clip on the end. I could attach the clip to something like the bed springs under my mattress and listen the local AM stations. Back in the olden days they stopped broadcasting at mid night.
            A radio for a kid that required no power to make it work, nice!
            1990 I got my amateur radio license, those radios required power to operate. 

            I went two places yesterday!
First I went to the Barber shop, aka hair dresser and got my hair cut. It feels very good!
Second I went to the doctor and he said, “You seem to be in reasonable good health”. I have a problem with a pain in the muscle in my back left shoulder. This pain runs up my neck. The doctor checked me out and said he thought I might have arthritis in a joint and some inflammation, he gave me some pills for the inflammation and said when the pain stops then stop taking the pills. He also said put heat on my shoulder often. 

            My favorite wife went to the Pizza place and picked up a pizza for supper. They make excellent pizzas. She ordered on phone and they brought it out to her as she stayed in the car. She gave the boy that brought the pizza out to her a $2.00 tip. He said, “A tip for me”, and my spouse said yes. He seemed happily surprised and put the money in his pocket.

            You reap what you sow, exactly what you sow, more than you sow!

       Be nice, kind, helpful, and friendly to others, and you will be rewarded.

             I have a photo of a flower that is blooming in the back 40.

                                               
Have a good weekend, use good sense, be happy and smile often when you don’t have the mask on, it will help you, and those around you!

Senior occasional smiler and black berry picker, Don the Ford

Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: