Translate

Saturday, May 2, 2020

Sat all day 05/02/2020

            I had often considered how someone came up with the name Saturday, and since no one could tell me, I decided to make up how they did it. The person who named the days of the week came up with the name Friday, because he had fried eggs for breakfast that day. The next day he was sitting around trying to come up with a name, and when he realized he had sat there all day he named it Saturday. Can you guess how he came up with the name Sunday?
            This morning when Tres and I opened the front door to venture out in the wilds of the front yard, looking for the newspaper, we were happy to find that a friend had left some vegetables from his garden in bags on the front porch. This friend whose name must be kept anonymous (Keith) has a very productive garden every year. I have a photo of a cabbage, click to enhance.
                                               
            If you look closely, you may see my head on the left, I mean on the right, no, I think my head is in the middle. You can decide, I like the one on the right! I like cabbage raw and cooked!
            Subject change; as I was working yesterday, attempting to cut some wood, my pencil had become dull. I went to the Ford’s ole pencil sharpener and sharpened the pencil. I then thought, do they even have ole pencil sharpeners like mine, or are they all electric? The pencil sharpener is like some of my other tools, old.
                                               
            I rearranged and cleaned out some tool drawers yesterday and actually got rid of some pieces that were not needed. There was a metal box with a circular saw that had not been used, or even seen, in years. The cord on the saw was rotten and falling apart. It will be tossed out.
            Today I should mow the front yard, but I think that is just too much work for a senior person. Maybe I will just take several naps and breaks.

Enjoy the weekend, wash and sanitize everything! 
Senior workaholic and nap aficionado, Don Ford

Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: