Translate

Monday, May 25, 2020

What did we do 05.24.2020

            It was Sunday morning and what did we do, that is none of your business! Even though you do not need to know what we did, I will give into social pressure and enlighten you, the reading public.
            We got up, my favorite wife read the so called newspaper, I went out and got stuck by stickers on the black berry plants, I took a shower, and put some clothes on, not necessarily in that order. We sat there in the TV room and watched the so called news.
            So far, we had a crummy morning. We had decided to go to the Cracker restaurant and see if we could get in and eat without coming into contact with the virus.
            They had a fellow standing guard at the door, and he took your cell phone number and said I will text you when we have a table for you. I asked if we could go sit in our car and wait, and he said yep. It took about 15 minutes before we got our text. We were seated about 10 feet from the next table. They were cleaning the tables and chairs when anyone would leave. Service was good, all the employees had masks on, and they all seemed glad to see us, ole regular customers return.
            My first wife and I had our masks on, we were among the few who wore them. There were older people than me, some could hardly walk, arriving and leaving without a mask. There was only one part that was difficult, would you believe, we wore our masks while we were eating. Would you believe, we would get a spoon full of food, lift up our mask and put the food in our mouth, then let the mask recover our mouth while we chewed? Would you believe my mask had food all over it when I finished eating!                      I wouldn’t believe it either!
            Service was good, food was good, and we felt happy. Photo to follow
                                               
            After eating brunch, we took a chance and drove down I-35. They have been, and still are working on this highway. This was the first time we have been on I-35 in probably a year. This time traffic kept moving, and no backups, but they still have years of work to do.
            We went to the wall store and got a new trash can, some bird seed and a couple other items. We put some seeds in the birds out house, and now we wait until they find the free food. The birds will need to fight with the squirrels when they find the food.
            So, we are not back to normal, but we are doing some things that we use to do. It was difficult eating brunch with the masks on, but we found a way.
Not back to normal yet, so stay safe!

Senior brunch eater and feeder of the birds, Don the Ford

Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: