Translate

Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Trailer 05.20.2020

            The title doesn’t say much to you, the reading public, but it means something to me.
            I, being a senior person needed to move the Ford’s ole trailer, loaded with brush and limbs, {since I once again did not get to take it to the City since we received a small amount of rain (3 inched) Saturday} as I did not want it sitting near the gate for another month.
            My poor ole weak body could not move a loaded trailer by hand, and I did not want to drive my truck in the back yard as it is still wet from the recent rain. I decided to get the Ford’s ole riding mower and use it to pull the trailer from the gate to the usual parking area. The ole mower worked, except when I got the trailer in position to park it, the mower was not heavy enough to get traction to push the trailer back, as it was slightly up hill.
            I then got off the mower and use my ole weak body to move it back and up the slight grade. Being in the back 40, none of the neighbors could see this ole person straining, and then come over to help get the trailer in place. After what seemed to be hours of straining and pushing (5 minutes) it is now in place.
            I used to be the best trailer backer upper around, at least that is what I told people. I had a boat on a trailer and I could back it anywhere into any slot. I also had a tractor on a big trailer and I could back that anywhere also. The longer the trailer the easier it is to back. If I knew someone was watching me back, it would make it much more difficult, because you are then thinking about the Watcher and not the trailer.
            I did mow the back 40 and the front yard yesterday during the hottest part of the day. Now you know I have worked my ole body too hard yesterday! Photo to follow.
                                               
            If you look past the pretty flower you may see some of the yard that was mowed.

Work in the yard but don’t overdo it!

Senior hard working person, Don the Ford

Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: