Translate

Monday, May 4, 2020

May the fourth be with you May 4, 2020


            Well, this article has nothing to do with the title line, it just seemed like the right title to use today.
            As I was showering this morning, and yes I do get to clean up at least weekly, a thought came to mind. Restaurants are allowed to open with a bunch of restrictions. It came to mind something that I am predicting will happen soon. If you have ordered anything that you will pick up at a restaurant, they may take your order and then tell you to call them when you arrive. You get there and call them and they bring the order out to you.
            I predict, restaurants that normally have a lot of customers but have never had reservations, will be taking reservations. You call and say I would like to be there at 11:30, I have 4 people in my party. They check their schedule and give you the 11:30 arrival. You arrive on the parking lot and call them again, they tell you to come to the front door, you by pass any of the people who did not call, and go right in. Those without a reservation may not get in. This will happen!

            Now back to real life. As I was watering some flowers and black berries in the back 40, I noticed a bird egg on the ground in the rose bush flower bed. I decided to investigate, and also found a bird nest with three eggs in it. Photos will follow. First of the rose bush, Second of the nest, you may need to click to enhance.
                                   
Next I have a photo of the white Christmas cactus in bloom.
                                               
As I have stated so many times in the past, get outside and enjoy nature in your own yard. If you don’t have any nature in your yard, sneak into the neighbor’s yard, they don’t have the survival of the fittest virus, I hope!

            Well there isn’t much going on here at the Ford Homestead today. Yesterday I mowed the front yard and the back 40, they look pretty good. Sunday is not a day of rest, Saturday is!
            I climbed way up a ladder (two steps) yesterday to get a bird residence down that had not been occupied. I have determined that the door hole was too small so I made it larger.
            I drove to the Harbor store yesterday, there was a line out front of people wanting to get inside. Yes they were standing apart, but I decided to return home. Later I thought why didn’t I just park and wait a few minutes, the line may have disappeared in a short time. I need some casters to put under the legs of my drill press. I would like to be able to move it easily which would allow for easier and quicker clean up, and we all know I am a clean freak I mean nut.
            I have several bird homesteads ready for occupancy, I need a way to display said units in hopes of attracting responsible people. My sister in Missouri wants one so when I get a box the right size I will send her one.

May your day be filled with kindness!

Senior Clean up nut and real coffee connoisseur, Don the Ford



AVG logo
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG antivirus software.
www.avg.com

No comments: