Translate

Sunday, May 10, 2020

Error / s more than one 05/10/2020

            This morning I gave my first wife a homemade mother’s day card. It was nothing fancy, but if you are retired, and on a fixed income, and can’t get to a store, then making your own is possible. I suggest you set your page up as two columns since you would normally fold the card. Write what you want and insert a photo of flowers or family. Homemade comes from the heart, not your bill fold.
            Yesterday I cut some wood for a second bench. This morning I went out into the garage and put it together.
            The first part I put together was incorrect (1), I put the brace on the wrong side. I decided to leave it there and put the next brace on the other wrong side which would make things work.
            Then I attached the next brace to the wrong location (2 screw holes). I removed that error.
            Third I attached the brace to the wrong place again (3). I was not feeling like silly grandpa, more like stupid grandpa! I sat there and laughed at myself, (things would have been different if I was making this to be placed where others would see it). I stopped and got a cup of coffee. Coffee and a cookie ingested, I began again.
            The third mistake turned out to be ok, as I then removed the first mistake, (1) attached it to the other side of the board, which is where I want it to be in the first place. I am now error free and the rest of the Bench went together as planned. Amazing what a cup of coffee can do!

            After the bench was put together neighbors come over. Tres tried to bite the neighbor’s adult daughter, he had never seen her before. After a few minutes he calmed down and accepted her as a friend. When the neighbors left I painted the underside of the bench.
            A 20 minute nap was required at that point. When I awoke I had a quick left over lunch and went out to paint the top side of the bench. When it is good and dry I will take it to the shed.
                                               
            The two differences between this bench and the first bench are, number 2 is 7 inches longer, and it does not have a lower board / shelf. Items in the shed will be set below and on top of this bench.
            This senior scrapper is now back to being silly grandpa.

            I gave another bird house away so I will need to manufacture a couple more just in case someone needs one.

Stay happy and your errors may vanish! 

Senior manipulator of errors and coffee connoisseur, Don the Ford

Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: