Translate

Saturday, July 29, 2023

July 29, 2023

            Morning, we hope you are doing well today, and that today will be a special day for you. As usual I have no real plans for today, as all the yards are mowed so nothing there to do.

            Yesterday actions: With this exceedingly hot and dry weather, I have increased the run time on most of the sprinkler areas. Yes, it will add to the water bill but it might keep some of the grass and plants alive.

            I and Tres went for a walk at about 6:30 yesterday morning, the heat wasn’t too bad at that time. Returning home, I did water all the flowers in pots and the black berry beds, but I did forget to put water in one of the bird baths.

            That walk completed, I worked on the posting for yesterday. That is about it, I sit around the rest of the day doing little or nothing. Yes, that is a boring life, no I did not venture forth to get a cup of real coffee. In truth, the coffee that we are now using here at the Ford’s homestead is not too bad, heck I kind of like it.

            Olden day thought; I was thinking about the heat that we have been experiencing here in Texas, and that there was a lot of heat when we lived in Missouri. Now when I talk about heat in Missouri, I must also refer to the humidity too. There was more rain in Missouri than here in Texas, and there was a lot of low lands that use to get flooded by the Mississippi every year. So, 90 plus degrees and 80% humidity is difficult to deal with.

            Now I said all that, to talk about the fact that my entire life of living at my parents’ home, we never had an air conditioner. Heck, when we got married and built a house it did not have an air conditioner. Poor people would have a window fan. Now that is a fan placed in a window and it blows air out of the house. Then you can open a window in another room or two, let’s say next to your bed, and there would be air coming in, due to the window fan pushing air out.

            My favorite wife and I sat outside yesterday afternoon and it wasn’t too bad, we had the fans running. We usually have a friend on Friday who sits outside with us. We know that she has a fractured bone so we don’t expect her to visit here for a while.

As we sat out yesterday the neighbor lady, her grandson and his daughter came over for a short visit. The girl’s name is Paisley, and she is very pretty, she is smart, and will be in the second grade this year. As we talked, I informed her that I took her dad on his first motorcycle ride when he was a kid. Paisley asked where did I take him, and I said up and down the street in front of the house. Her dad noted, that was about 30 years ago. Time flies!

            Claire is recovering from the covid virus, and now it seems as if Gabi has it. We are hoping that David, Alex and Brice do not get it (Brice is Gabi’s boyfriend).  

            Well, I guess that is it for now, we hope you have a good day, stay cool and be safe.

Covid not gone away!

Senior ole person who might need to take Tres for a walk, Don the Ford

 

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: