Translate

Thursday, July 6, 2023

July 6, 2023

            Hello from me to you, and you are my favorite person who reads this posting. I know, you do not always read my postings, but you are still my favorite!

            Allow me to comment on the past holiday. The fourth is over, some of you went places and some of you shot fireworks. Holidays are a time that families and friends gather together for fun and food. As I have observed, the families on this street, most of us are retired, did not have any visitors at all during the holiday. Now we at the Ford homestead did not have any family or friends come over, but we were not expecting any. I, as usual, keep and eye on what is happening up and down the street and I did not see any visitation, aka cars at anyone’s homestead. Lonely ole people, just have to rely on themselves to celebrate the holiday.

            Now let’s see what the Don did yesterday (Wednesday). He started the day out by posting his blog, which he had written the day before. He then went out to the back and watered the plants in pots, making his present spouse happy. He then came in and got a bowl of cereal for his breakfast. Then he went out and secured the battery powered string trimmer from the shed, and put a battery on it. He used the battery trimmer in the front yard because it did not make much noise, he did not want to bother the neighbors that early in the morning.

            Front yard trimmed, he then got the walk behind mower and mowed the areas in the back 40 that are difficult to get to on the riding mower, and this also reduces the amount of weed eating he has to do out back. Then he took the mower to the front yard where he manicured the front yard, it looks good again.

            After a short break and a couple glasses of water, he went to the back 40 and still using the battery powered trimmer, he trimmed all that needed trimming. The battery powered trimmer is heavier than the gas powered and that makes it more strenuous for an ole, three quarter of a century ole person to use, but I got through it.

            The Don then got the riding mower out and after checking the air in the tires, oil, and adding gas, he began to mow. The riding mower is the easiest part of that day’s work load. Mowing completed the Don took a photo of a portion of the back 40.


            You can see that portion of the back 40 looks ok after the mowing process, and the supervisor Tres, was reviewing some of my work.

            My favorite wife was in town, so I had to clean my own body up, and I did not have anyone to wash my back when I took a shower. After cleaning my ole body I was able to get some left overs from the fridge an eat a little for lunch.

            I did rest for a while; you know an ole person’s rest is a nap. After the rest period I was able to get my ole body out of the Fords ole recliner, and I went to the hair stylists to get my ole haircut. She did it in a few short minutes and charged $17.00. leaving there I went to the real coffee place and got a cup and then headed for home.

            Dave called and needed a ride home from work, so I was able to drag my ole body out of my ole recliner and get him from work. Arriving back home I was allowed to get some Blackberry Cobbler and ice cream, nice!

            My present wife and I did sit outside for a while yesterday afternoon, it was kind of hot but I had the fan blowing some, on our ole bodies. We discussed many things including the recent passing of her niece Tammy. Tammy lived in South Carolina so we were unable to travel over there for the viewing. The viewing was just photos, as they had Tammy cremated. The family is in our prayers.

            I have a photo for my enjoyment and then I will stop. This photo is of a hawk floating around in the sky while we were sitting outside. In my story about, “The Beginning of Time”, there is a passage about a spirit who could float around in the sky like a hawk.


            Well, I guess that is it for now, we hope you have a good and safe day.

Floating on air!

Senior ole retired person who worked too much yesterday, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: