Translate

Sunday, July 16, 2023

July 16, 2023

            This is my favorite wife’s birthday, Happy Birthday Donna, since today is her birthday, she can take it easy all day, and she will not be required to pickup any aluminum cans, Happy Birthday!

            Yesterday: I had a bowl of cereal before heading off to Dave’s house to haul limbs to the dump. In Hewitt they have limb and trash day on the third Saturday of each month.    We hauled off 2 loads of limbs and then Dave come to the Ford homestead with me and we repositioned a large flower pot and the bench it sits on.  

            I then found it necessary to wash my ole body, so I was allowed to take a shower. I did smell better after the shower. Once I was clean and smelled better, my favorite wife allowed me to take her into Waco to get a bite of lunch. The place we went to is now making hamburgers, so I decided to try one. The hamburger was too large for a normal person to bite off a piece to eat. I guess it was ok, but I will not get the too large hamburger again.

            Leaving the sandwich shop we headed for the Harbor store; remember I had a 30% off coupon for anything under $10.00. I bought two rope lights and saved $6.00. leaving there we headed for home where I was allowed to take a much-needed nap. I usually take a nap before I start reading the bible, for some reason reading for more than 30 minutes makes me sleepy.

            We did go outside about 5:00 pm to sit, even though it was over 100 again. I did position the fans which do help somewhat. A friend came over to sit with us and shortly after she arrived, her son and his wife arrived.   The son and his wife only stayed a short while as they had plans. After about an hour or so of B S-ing, (B S-ing means interesting conversations) the friend who stayed decided to order a pizza. The pizza was good.

            Odd note: I was talking with a neighbor who had his water heater start leaking earlier this week, he replaced it, then yesterday his air conditioner had given up, but he got it fixed. I noted that he was having some bad luck and he said, “that aint nothing, my cell phone has quit working!” Wow, could it get any worse than not having a cell phone that worked?

            Today: we are expecting Patrick, Karla, Dave, Claire, Gabi and Alex to come to the homestead and we will go out to lunch to celebrate Donna’s Birthday. Karla’s dad may also go out to lunch with us.

            Well, that is all that is going on here, we hope you have a good day and as always, please stay safe.

Come on rain!

Senior ole person who needs a break, maybe a cup of homemade coffee, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: